·2 cups pitted chopped Dates
· ½ cup coconut sugar
· 1-1/4 cups water
· ½ cup pears, chopped and pitted
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/2 shot vanilla vodka
· ¾ cup butter, softened
· 1 cup brown sugar, packed
· 1-1/2 cup flour
· 1-1/2 cup Quick Cooking Oats
· ½ teaspoon baking soda
· ½ teaspoon salt
1. In a medium sized saucepan add the chopped dates, chopped pears water and ½ cup granulated sugar.
2. Stir and cook over medium high heat and then turn down and cook until the mixture is thickened.
3. Add the vanilla extract and vanilla vodka until the filling is thick. Spoon into a bowl and let cool down because you will be pressing this out, with your fingers, onto the bottom layer of the crust. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" baking pan - set aside.
2. Add the flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the oats and mix well.
5. It will be a crumbly mixture but it will press together.
6. Sprinkle half the dough into the prepared baking pan.
7. Press down with your fingers to an even layer all across the pan bottom.
8. Now take the date mixture and dab teaspoons full here and there across the bottom layer in the pan. It will be easier to spread this way.
9. With your fingers - gently press out the filling for a solid layer across the complete bottom of the crust.
10. Sprinkle the rest of the dough over the filling layer.
11. Make sure it is even. Then press the top crust with your hand to make a solid layer. I use my fingers and the palm of my hand. It does not take much pressure.
12. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
13. Cut into squares while it is still warm.