- 1/4 cup coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup prepared dry-roasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt or sea salt
- Pita bread or hearty, crusty dipping bread
- Olive oil
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Stirring frequently, toast coriander seeds, sesame seeds, peppercorns and fennel seeds until slightly brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Cool and transfer to food processor. Add almonds, cumin, thyme and salt. Grind until crumbly; do not allow mixture to become a paste.
- Serve Dukkah in a bowl or plate, along with a bowl or plate of olive oil and bread. Dip bread first in olive oil and then in Almond Dukkah so it adheres to the olive oil; serve as an appetizer or hearty and nutritious snack.